Chair Yoga is approved by the Arthritis Foundation to ease the aches and pains of arthritis sufferers, and is very beneficial for people with sedentary lifestyles.
Chair Yoga Benefits
- Increases circulation – Range of motion movements in the feet, legs, knees, hips, shoulders and elbows help the general well-being and function of the heart.
- Aids heart and lung functions – The breathing techniques used in this approach are very effective for people with emphysema and asthma and aid in heart function.
- Improves mental clarity – Following the directions and guidance of a yoga teacher challenges the brain and supports the mind/body connection for better mental processing.
- Reduces aches and pains – Gentle movements lubricate and nourish the joints and connective tissue to ease the pain of arthritis and other neuromuscular conditions.
- Helps reduce stress and anxiety – Combining slow, rhythmic breathing with gentle movements helps to calm the nervous system, slow the mind and allow time for well-deserved peace and relaxation.
Chair Yoga Sneak Peek Video